A married Everton footballer arrested for alleged child sex offences has had his bail extended for the fourth time.
The Premier League player, who cannot legally be named, is now bailed until April 17.
He was arrested in July last year after cops raided his £2.5million family home and seized several items. The footballer remains suspended by Everton while police continue to investigate.
The alleged offences have been described as “very serious”, with the probe led by Greater Manchester Police’s Major Incident Team.
The player, it is understood, has strenuously denied all of the claims.
Police are said to have raided the player’s UK home and seized potential evidence last summer.
Everton confirmed they had suspended the arrested player, but have refused to identify him, despite him being named in media reports in his home country.
The decision not to identify him led to Everton midfielder Fabian Delph being wrongly named on social media as the arrested footballer.
Greater Manchester Police have not added to their earlier statement which said: ‘Officers arrested a man on Friday, July 16 2021 on suspicion of child sex offences. He is on police bail pending further enquiries.’
A spokesman for Everton said at the time: ‘We can confirm we have suspended a first-team player pending a police investigation.
‘The club will continue to support the authorities with their inquiries and will not be making any further statement at this time.’
Kindly leave your comment, like and share this story:
FOR MORE INFOR, NEWS UPDATE AND LIVE STERAM JOIN US BELOW AND PLEASE HELP TO REACH 1K SUBSCRIBERS ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL THANKS AND GOD BLESS