The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) held its National Executive Council (NEC) meeting at the University of Lagos from February 12-13 during which it undertook a comprehensive review of the state of Nigerian universities and the worsening living and working conditions in the university system.
At the end of the meeting, the NEC resolved to embark on a four-week roll-over total and comprehensive strike action, beginning from today, February 14.
Issues discussed during the meeting are:
– Non-implementation of Memorandum of Action and Memorandum of Understanding by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
– Non-deployment of University Transparency Accountability Solution (UTAS); declaring that FG’s IPPIS is found to be marred with irregularities.
– Failure of FG to release white paper many months after the visitation panels to universities submitted their reports.
– Non-payment of outstanding Earned Academic Allowance (EAA), which are serving as triggers for an industrial crisis in the universities.
– Non-payment of EAA to members of ASUU at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
– Illegal appointment of Dr Isah Ali Ibrahim Pantami as a professor of cybersecurity by the Federal University of Technology (FUTO), Owerri.
– Decayed infrastructural facilities, poor staff welfare as a result of the proliferation of State and Federal Universities.
– Victimization of academics in State Universities
– Accusing JAMB of encroaching into university autonomy
– State of the nation; which includes, rising insecurity, kidnapping, banditry and insurgency in various part of the country.
Kindly leave your comment, like and share this story:
FOR MORE INFOR, NEWS UPDATE AND LIVE STERAM JOIN US BELOW AND PLEASE HELP TO REACH 1K SUBSCRIBERS ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL THANKS AND GOD BLESS