Former President Jimmy Carter has tweeted a statement on Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, saying it “threatens security in Europe and the entire world.”
“Russia’s unprovoked attack on Ukraine using military and cyber weapons violates international law and the fundamental human rights of the Ukrainian people. I condemn this unjust assault on the sovereignty of Ukraine that threatens security in Europe and the entire world, and I call on President Putin to halt all military action and restore peace. The United States and its allies must stand with the people of Ukraine in support of their right to peace, security, and self-determination,” Carter said in the statement.
US is ready to accept Ukrainian refugees fleeing invasion, White House says
The US is ready to accept Ukrainian refugees and that the government is prepared to assist European countries neighboring Ukraine handle an increased inflow of refugees fleeing a Russian invasion, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Thursday.
“We are,” Psaki said when asked by CNN’s MJ Lee whether the US was prepared to accept Ukrainian refugees, adding, “But we certainly expect that most if not the majority will want to go to Europe and neighboring countries. So, we are also working with European countries on what the needs are, where there is capacity. Poland, for example, where we are seeing an increasing flow of refugees over the last 24 hours.”
She added, “We’ve been talking and engaging with Europeans about that for some time.”39 min ago
Ukraine president says Russian sabotage groups have entered Kyiv
President Volodymyr Zelensky has said that he believes that Russian sabotage groups have entered the Ukrainian capital, Kyiv.
In a video statement late Thursday, Zelensky said: “According to our information, the enemy marked me as target No. 1, my family, as target No. 2. They want to destroy Ukraine politically by destroying the head of state. We have information that enemy sabotage groups have entered Kyiv.”
He added: “I am staying in the government quarter together with others.”41 min ago
Ukrainian males aged 18-60 are banned from leaving the country, Zelensky says in new declaration
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has ordered a general military mobilization.
In a declaration signed late Thursday, Zelensky said that “in order to ensure the defense of the state, maintaining combat and mobilization readiness of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and other military formations,” a broad-based mobilization was ordered, including in the capital, Kyiv and all Ukraine’s major cities.
“Mobilization shall be carried out within 90 days from the date of entry into force of this Decree,” the announcement said.
The mobilization also instructed “the Security Service of Ukraine to take counterintelligence measures during the general mobilization.”
It ordered the “conscription of conscripts, reservists for military service, their delivery to military units and institutions of the Armed Forces of Ukraine” and other state security services.
At the same time, Ukraine has banned all-male citizens 18-60 years old from leaving the country, according to the State Border Guard Service.
The statement said that following the introduction of martial law in Ukraine, a temporary restriction had been imposed.
“In particular, it is forbidden for men aged 18-60, Ukraine citizens, to leave the borders of Ukraine,” the statement said. “This regulation will remain in effect for the period of the legal regime of martial law. We ask the citizens to take this information into consideration.”
Some more context: At least 57 people have died and 169 injured since Moscow launched the invasion, according to Ukraine’s Minister of Healthcare, Viktor Lyashko.
“We’re staying home. We don’t want to leave,” says 24-year-old Andrew who had just learned about the travel ban on Ukrainian men. He did not disclose his full name for security reasons.
“I can’t leave now because last update (was that) was that guys from 18 to 68 … cannot leave borders of Ukraine,” he says. “We will stay here till Russians go home because it’s important to us to stay in our homes,” he added. “We will stay with our government.
Kindly leave your comment, like and share this story:
FOR MORE INFOR, NEWS UPDATE AND LIVE STERAM JOIN US BELOW AND PLEASE HELP TO REACH 1K SUBSCRIBERS ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL THANKS AND GOD BLESS