Wednesday, May 20Stay informed with verified, up-to-date news.

Three sisters found d3ad in sea off popular UK tourist beach

Three sisters found d3ad in sea off popular UK tourist beach

Three sisters have d!ed in the sea off Brighton beach in the United Kingdom.

Sussex Police on Wednesday, May 20, 2026 identified the women as Jane Adetoro, 36, Christina Walter, 32, and Rebecca Walter, 31, from the Uxbridge area of London.

Emergency services were called at about 05:45 BST on 13 May, 2026 to a report of a person in the water near Black Rock car park in Madeira Drive. 

Two more bodies were recovered from the sea nearby.

Paying tribute, their father, Joseph, said in a statement described feeling “unbearable grief”

“No words can truly describe the pain of losing three daughters in the prime of their lives,” he said.

“Jane, Christina, and Becky were more than daughters to me; they were my joy, my strength, and the beautiful light that filled our family with happiness and love.”

As though speaking to his daughters, Joseph said: “Each of you was unique and precious in your own special way.”

“Your smiles brightened dark days, your laughter brought comfort, and your presence made life more meaningful.

“Though your time on earth was short, the impact you made will remain in our hearts forever.”

“You were deeply loved, and you will always be deeply missed.”

Police said an investigation into how the three came to be in the water was ongoing.

“There is no evidence to suggest third-party involvement or criminality, but specialist detectives are working hard to gather the full facts and circumstances of their d3ath,” the police said.

The women’s father said their d3aths had “left an emptiness that words cannot heal.”

“There are days when the grief feels unbearable, yet I hold tightly to the memories we shared.

“Though you are no longer here beside us, your spirits live on in our hearts every day.

“Love like yours never die.”

Sussex Police said the women’s next of kin were being supported by specialist officers “during this incredibly difficult time”.

Brighton & Hove City Council leader Bella Sankey previously said it was “the most devastating news” the city had received “for a very long time”.

“I can’t think of anything more tragic or more horrendous,” she told BBC Radio Sussex. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *